Friday, April 22, 2011

O Valencia!

On my way to Paris, to kick off our Semana Santa, I stopped in Valencia for a day (flights were cheaper Valencia to Paris than from Sevilla to Paris). And boy I'm glad I did! I had wanted to see Valencia, but with so many weekends filling up with travel plans, I wouldn't have fit it in at any other time.

If you google-image Valencia, you'll probably find many pictures similar to this <<. It's the interactive science museum! A magical place that basically allows adults to explore and play like little kids for a day.

I'm also very glad that I was traveling with the people I was with--the 'year' kids, who also spent last semester in Sevilla. I always liked them and got along just fine, but we never really hung out or talked a whole lot. It was so nice to hang around with them and get to know them. They were my kind of travelers! We sat at a cafe for a few hours in the morning to have some coffee and wake up a bit. We took 5 minute breaks after lots of walking to take pictures and look at the scenery. We had 10 extra minutes after lunch before our electricity show...so we plopped down on the grass for a cat nap.

We went in to the interactive museum which was really neat. They had little exhibits that focused on random things you wouldn't necessarily think belong at a museum. They had an exhibit about every day bodily stresses and how it effects your body (Mom, you would've been very interested in it. It reminded me of when you talk about all the ergonomic office stuff). They also had exhibits for memory, music and comic books. Oh, and can't forget the electricity show we went to!

I was most proud that I walked by myself, in this city I had known for a day, to take public transportation to the airport at 5 am! I did good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment